Hey folks, Xial here.
I’ve mentioned in the past in a couple of places that I am having some toolchain issues — namely with conversion and ePub output for converting Partners.
What I hadn’t mentioned as much is how much the broken toolchain demoralizes me as an editor. The annoyances of trying to edit a file, troubleshoot an issue that doesn’t have an obvious answer, plus the clearly non-robust system that comprises NimbleWriter leaves much, much to be desired.
I open the file, realize there’s nearly 142,000 words (!!), and plod through an issue, trying to edit things using Markdown (geez, why), when this clearly needs typesetting and love that isn’t present in the editor of choice. Typesetting basics that are even available in most off-the-shelf blogging packages like this no-name thing called WordPress.
I wanted to use Word or an equivalent initially, but I needed something that would let me output an ePub from time to time in order to test things. I wasn’t having any luck with the plugins I had found, so NimbleWriter was exceptionally attractive when I started looking at it.
That love affair is over, though, and let’s be honest, other than being able to use Solarized Dark as my UI theme in Nimble, there’s little to hold me there.
The best boyfriend in the world asked me the other night in a conversation,