Categories
Update

Movement, Unboxing, Thought Processes.

As some of you who follow me elseweb may know, I just moved a couple of weeks ago across a river to another city.

It’s put me way down on things. I’ve not written much of anything for myself, nor have I worked on the conversion of Partners to ePub. I occasionally manage to open A Whisper of Technology over in Nimble Writer and review where I am. From time to time, I get to add a paragraph to it. It’s slowly coming along, and I’d like to get it to 5,760 words before I publish it. That should be a couple of chapters more from where I am.

I also found one prototype story I started years prior, and must’ve shoved it into Google Docs. It has loose ties to the Chronoverse and touches on a bit of My Little Pony. It involves a metreshifta — a chronometric event where Time recedes away from a given point, rendering the area dead, replete with deadsand and a cascading loss of life, followed by a massive outswelling of Time, infused by a shift which causes a spike of Time almost as strong and toxic as flying directly into the core of the Chronoverse.

Metreshiftae often bend the fabric of time enough to displace anything living caught within its radius, placing it somewhere within any universe. Unlike most universe crossover stories I’ve read within the MLP fandom, this won’t be the typical ‘human in Equestria’ tale, nor would it unlock some ancient and foretold evil. It’s just gonna be a machine that’s breached and transcended Time and Space, misplaced and learning how to function.

I’m also hoping that whatever update is coming for Nimble Writer fixes my main gripes about working with it. I’m fine with Markdown. What I’m not liking is its ePub handling, and how tricky Markdown can be when trying to edit things in a specific way. I’m nearly fed up enough to see about exporting what I have of Partners, and shoving it into Google Docs of all places, since it appears to have ePub production facilities now. If it makes the task easier, then it makes the task easier. I’d love to have this converted by Christmas, so I can offer it to its author as something he can share with his readers.

Once that’s done, I can ask my lone Patreon contributor if there’s something she’d like me to work on, because she’s been kind enough to contribute and give me a bit of self-worth as a wordsmith.

For now, though, I need to go through my still packed boxes and find some pills.

Categories
Uncategorized

‘Partners’, coming soon.

About a week ago, I announced on Inkbunny that I was working on converting Norithics’ Partners series, volume 1 to ePub, because I wanted to see a digital copy of the book.

At that time, I was hasty and thought I’d have it done in a couple of days.

There’s a LOT to Volume 1. 23 ‘issues’, at around 5100 words per issue (chapter).

23 * 5100 = 117,300 words, which is around what I think is in there.

There’s a bit of proofreading to be done as I go through each issue, and there’s conversion from not-quite-Markdown to Nimble Writer’s approximation of Markdown. Then I export this, make an ePub, and then get to work on the stylesheet to get it to be presentable. There’s also font embedding, cover generation, and then an actual hardware test to my ebook reader.

This is probably going to be a couple of weeks of work, provided that real life does not properly get in my way.

 

Either way, stay tuned. 🙂